Dear Prospective TAHSA Facility Member,
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (TAHSA), the association for non-profit long term care facilities in Texas.
TAHSA represents more than 250 non-profit senior housing and nursing home communities in the state, and over 6,000 nationwide through our affiliation with LeadingAge (formerly AAHSA).
Members benefit greatly through membership with TAHSA in many ways:
- Up-to-date public policy representation
- Superior state-wide educational programs
- Weekly e-newsletters and alerts
- Ongoing fellowship, support, and resources from peers of all disciplines and staff committed to helping you provide quality long-term care and senior services
- Nurse and Regulatory Consulting
- Annual Programs/Services: Awards Program, Art Is Ageless Contest, Trade Show, Annual Meeting, Medicaid Cost Reports, Salary Survey, Peer Groups, ListServs, etc.
In addition to these valuable perks, one important service to members is the group-purchasing program called Senior Communities Purchasing Connection and LeadingAge Group Purchasing through MedAssets. This service is a result of pooling the buying power of membership in order to offer extremely favorable pricing in food and products such as furniture, appliances, plumbing, lighting, linens, insurance, and much more. Most members who participate have saved more money from these particular programs than they pay in membership dues.
Please note that TAHSA and LeadingAge have a joint membership arrangement. This means that for your combined dues payment sent to TAHSA, you receive the benefits and services of both associations. We also offer a discounted dues incentive for first time members.
Again, thank you for your interest in TAHSA. If you are interested in joining, or would like some more information, please contact Crystal Laza at email@example.com or (512) 467-2242. We look forward to hearing from you!